Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Kate Gosselin Cries: I Can't Pay My Bills!

Kate Gosselin says Jon Gosselin did indeed remove more than $200,000 from their joint bank account - all their liquid assets - leaving her with only $1,000.
Kate on the Today Show
As a result, she can't even buy their eight kids food now. "I have a stack of bills in my purse I can't drop in the mail," she cried on the Today Show this morning, following Jon's huge withdrawal. "The last thing I wanted was to do this show and end up not being able to pay our bills." Their separation agreement won't allow either of the estranged spouses to withdraw money from the joint "liquid" account without mutual authorization. Kate, however, is authorized to write checks for the family's expenses. She says that, in addition to the $230,000 he supposedly yoinked this week, Jon removed $100,000 from the account earlier in the divorce process. So worried was Kate that Jon would pull this stunt that she actually removed a big chunk of cash first, only to put it back because of the court order. "I had taken $100,000 and put it aside so I could buy my kids food if this occurred," she says. "At some point, I removed it to keep it safe, on the suggestion of my lawyer, but had to put it back, according to the arbitrator." Meanwhile, Jon's attorney claims he took money "he was entitled to" and expects that the train wreck will be awarded even more in the future. "[Jon] has not withdrawn any money for his own remuneration, with the exception of the past several months wherein he believes he only withdrew approximately $170,000," Mark J. Heller said this afternoon in a statement. "It is not unlikely that Jon will be awarded substantial additional funds." In response, Kate Gosselin says, "It's wonderful to say he'll be awarded significant funds. However, there are not significant funds for him to be awarded." "He needs to be awarded this? I'm sorry. When you've left your children and their mother unable to pay for the roof above their head, it is not acceptable." As for Jon's claims that the kids no longer wish to participate in the show, Kate claims they were "wailing and sobbing" when production was suspended. Kate feels the show needs to go on. "It's something that the kids and I are still enjoying," she says. "The opportunities that they've been provided ... the kids are having trouble understanding why they're not here and why they're not doing that." "I don't feel like it's time to end it. If we are all enjoying it, I just feel like Kate Plus 8 going on, the nine of us who want to continue it, should be able to." The star of the newly-renamed Kate Plus 8 admits that, "Every day, I don't know what I'm going to wake up to. [Jon] has gone way far off the trail."

No comments:

Post a Comment