Monday, September 21, 2009

Chandan butt naked for Mahanagar@Kolkata!

While the adulation hasn’t stopped pouring in, Chandan Roy Sanyal has already okayed his next project. And that’s what is bringing him to Kolkata tonight.

Lest people assume that Chandan has agreed to work in Tollywood because of Suman Mukhopadhyay’s Mahanagar@Kolkata is in Bengali, the actor says, “It’s only because of the script that I wanted to do this film. Moreover, I also watched Lalda’s (Suman) Herbert. What a film! I had only heard about Herbert but when I watched it recently, I was completely bowled over by the movie. Shooting for my portions will begin on October 17 and continue till the 25th.” Chandan is playing an MBA who works in a multinational company.

A hyper sensitive guy, Chandan’s character is also suicide prone. Incidentally, Mahanagar@Kolkata will see Chandan going nude too. Ask Suman whether this is a first in Bengali cinema and he says, “There are some semi-nude scenes with Chandan at the end of the film. He hallucinates regarding his death and his marriage with Rituparna. Most of the scenes will have Chandan stripping down to his jocks. There is one nude shot of Chandan’s posterior too. I don’t know whether such a shot is a first of its kind in Bengali cinema or not but fact is that such a scene is required for my film. The nudity has been mentioned in the script that I sent across to Chandan.”
Meanwhile, Chandan is happy to be in Kolkata on the eve of the Pujas. “As a matter of fact, I have never been in Kolkata during any Durga Puja. It’s always been a Delhi Puja for me. I have purposely kept my Kolkata visit just on the eve of the Durga Pujas to get a flavour of how things are during Panchami.” Thoughts, of course, flood his mind now of the Pujas during his childhood when celebration meant having and serving khichudi bhog at the parar pandal, staging plays and also flirting with girls. “Pandal er pechhone giye modh khawar se ki odbhut ekta uttyejona. Du dhakna modh khelei ulte pore jetam,” he says, adding that things are bound to be very different now. “Neither will I have to steal a drink behind pandals nor would I want to indulge in that kind of a revelry. Ronida (Rajatava Dutta) has told me that he’d be going to inaugurate some Pujas. I might just go along with him. But all that only after I am through with my look test and meetings with Lalda.”

No comments:

Post a Comment